- on our Website;
- in email, and other electronic messages between you and our Website, including live chat;
- when you contact us by telephone or text; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
Our Website is not intended for the minors (which is to be determined based on the applicable law) and the minors are not permitted to use our Website. We will remove any information about a minor if we become aware of it.
Our Website is not intended for the minors. No one who is a minor may provide any information to or through the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from the minors. If you are a minor, do not use or provide any information on our Website or on or through any of its features, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a minor without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a minor, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not be responsible for any unauthorized use of our Website by yourself, users who act on your behalf or any unauthorized users. It is your responsibility to make your own informed decisions about the use of our Website and take necessary steps to prevent any misuse of Website.
3. Types of Information Collected
We collect different types of information about you, including information that may directly identify you, information that is about you but individually does not personally identify you, and information that we combine with our other users.
“Personal Data” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, information that is about you individually, but does not identify you, and information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details. The Website collects Personal Data, including:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses);
- E-mail address;
- Telephone number;
- Banking or financial account information, or credit or debit card number (for payment information);
- Month and day of birth;
- Purchase and return information;
- IP address (we may also derive your approximate location from your IP address);
- Account information, such as username and password;
- Purchase information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity;
- Information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as User Contributions (as defined below in the section titled, “How Your Information Is Collected”)
- Website traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies; and
- Information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
4. How Your Information Is Collected
We collect information from:
- You, when you provide information to us;
- Your device, through cookies and other tracking technologies; and
Collection From You – When You Provide Information To Us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Website and other interactions with us are:
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website or over calls with us and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website or over calls with us;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or requesting further services;
- comments or other user reviews that you direct us to publish or display (hereinafter, “posted”) or otherwise provide to us or transmit to the public portions of our Website (collectively, “User Contributions”). For example, if you choose to post a comment or review about a product, your information, including Personal Data, such as your name, screen name or username, and any other information you supply will be visible to the public. Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of the public with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons;
- information when you enter a contest, a sweepstake or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- your search queries on the Website.
Collection From Your Device - Using Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information, including:
- Usage and Equipment Information. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, for example, details of your visits to our Website, such as traffic data, location, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Device Information. Information about your computer, mobile device, and Internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Location Information. If you use a mobile device, the Website may collect real-time information about your location. You can choose whether or not to allow the Website to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of a Website may then be inaccessible or not function properly. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Garrett, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Collection From Your Device - Using Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Our service providers may also use online identifiers such as cookies, web beacons, or other tracking technologies to collect and store information about you (e.g. click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, cookie and session ID) when you use our Website. The services may analyze the behavior of users to our Website or interactions with our emails in order to provide our users with personalized purchase recommendations and to tell which mailings appeal most to our customers. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For example, you can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Website by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
5. We May Combine Information About You
We may combine the different types of information we collect or receive about you.
The information we collect through our Website, automatically, or from third parties may be combined. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and to recognize you when you return to our Website.
6. How We Use Your Information
We use your Personal Data for various purposes described below, including to:
- provide our Website to you;
- process your orders;
- respond to your inquiries
- enforce our rights arising from contracts;
- notify you about changes; and
- provide you with notices about your account or product purchases.
We use information, including Personal Data, that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to process your orders, verify your information, and provide you with related customer service;
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments, or complaints;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices, and product purchases;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection. If you refuse to provide such Personal Data or withdraw your consent to our processing of Personal Data, then in some cases we may not be able to enter into the contract or fulfill our obligations to you under it;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- to administer offers, promotions and surveys;
- to perform data analyses and other processing (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, and financial analysis);
- to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, and regulatory or investigative purposes and to protect against, and identify, fraud and other criminal activity;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
- We may also use your information to contact you about our other products and services that may be of interest to you. If you wish to consent to this use, please select the box at checkout (or when prompted) to sign up for our newsletter and product updates by email. If you wish to opt-out of receiving emails from us, you may do so at any time by selecting unsubscribe at the bottom of our emails, or by sending us an email stating your request at email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
7. Disclosure of Your Information
- our subsidiaries and our affiliates;
- our third-party service providers that we use to support our business;
- to a company we merge, acquire, or that buys us, or in the event of change in structure of our company of any form;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to enforce our rights; and
- with your consent.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Garrett’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Garrett about our Website’s users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- for any other use, with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Garrett, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
8. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We offer you choices on how you can opt out of our use of tracking technology and our advertising to you. However, we do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties.
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers from Garrett. We may also use your information to contact you about our other products and services that may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of receiving promotional offers from us, you may do so at any time by sending us an email stating your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Garrett as a result of a product purchase or other transactions.
9. Your Rights Regarding Your Information and Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may review and update your Personal Data at any time by contacting us.
You can contact us by one of the methods listed in the Contact Information below to review and update your Personal Data to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible or to delete your account or withdraw your consent to the continued use, disclosure, storing and/or processing of your Personal Data, subject to the conditions and/or limitations imposed by applicable laws or regulation. We may not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Please note that if you communicate your withdrawal of your consent to our use, disclosure, storing or processing of your personal data for the purposes and in the manner as stated above or exercise your other rights as available under applicable local laws, we may not be in a position to continue to provide the services to you or perform any contract we have with you, and we will not be liable in the event that we do not continue to provide the services to, or perform our contract with you. Our legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such an event.
10. Do Not Track Signals
We may use automated data collection technologies to track you across websites. We currently do not honor do-not-track signals that may be sent by some browsers.
Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. Because there is no standard for these signals at this time, we currently do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
11. Data Security
Information transmitted over the Internet is not completely secure, but we do our best to protect your Personal Data. You can help protect your Personal Data and other information by keeping your password to our Websites confidential.
We have implemented security measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All payment transactions are performed by our third-party payment processor, who must comply with appropriate industry standards to protect your payment information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
12. Data Retention Periods
We retain your Personal Data for as long as you keep your account open. In some instances, we may keep it after you close your account, for example we may keep it:
- on our backup and disaster recovery systems;
- for as long as necessary to protect our legal interests; and
- and to comply with other legal requirements.
We will retain your Personal Data for the entire time that you keep your account open. After you close your account, we may retain your Personal Data:
- for as long as necessary to comply with any legal requirement;
- on our backup and disaster recovery systems in accordance with our backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures;
- for as long as necessary to protect our legal interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies; and
- for data that has been aggregated or otherwise rendered anonymous in such a manner that you are no longer identifiable, indefinitely.
14. Contact Information
You may contact us through the contact information below.
To Contact Garrett
Caramel Crisp (Thailand) Co., Ltd.